Depression is another common mental health issue that has the potential to contribute to life difficulties. Some of the features that are often associated with depression are overwhelming feeling of isolation, despair, and sadness. It can become a chronic condition if left untreated. Depression can cause significant distress or impairment in many areas, including social and occupational. Individual counseling can help establish healthy lifestyle changes, positive thought patterns, and behaviors that promote feelings of hope and confidence.
Characteristics of depression can include the following:
- Sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Diminished pleasure or interested in activities you once enjoyed
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Difficulties concentrating