What is telehealth?
Landmark Therapy offers telehealth as an alternative to face-to-face counseling throughout the state of Michigan. Telehealth is the provision of professional mental health counseling services through the Internet.
Is Telehealth Right For You?
I offer teletherapy as an alternative to face-to-face counseling because I am committed to increasing access to therapeutic services, and I believe teletherapy offers a solution to some of the barriers to care that people experience. People who have chosen to use teletherapy services have received some of the following benefits:
- Travel time is eliminated from the equation as well as filling out paperwork in a waiting room
- Individual sessions can be conducted from the privacy of your own home
- Those who live in such areas simply might not have access to any other form of mental health treatment because there are no mental health practices in their geographic area.
- Individuals who are unable to leave their home for various reasons may find online therapy a useful alternative to traditional psychotherapy settings.
- Online therapy is usually fairly affordable and convenient.
- Since you will be attending therapy sessions online in the comfort of your own home, you can often schedule your therapy sessions for times that are the most convenient for you.
Even if you do not see your particular barrier to care listed above, teletherapy still may be a useful method for you. However, this form of service is not right for everyone. If you have questions, feel free to reach out for a free 15-minute phone or video consultation to discuss whether online therapy will meet your counseling needs. I am happy to walk you through what to expect and help you assess whether teletherapy would meet your particular needs. If not, I will gladly see you face-to-face, or assist you in finding an in-person therapist in your area who may better serve you.
So…How Does It Work?
Landmark Therapy uses a HIPAA compliant video platform specifically designed for telehealth. The platform allows you to securely meet with your counselor online through video conferencing, text chat, and share documents. Online Therapy sessions will be initiated by sending you a request to your email. By accepting the request, you will then have access to the program.